Here at Gamila Rugs, our customers happiness is our top priority!
We make returns simple for your convenience. Please read our terms and conditions carefully prior to purchasing.
We understand that sometimes you just need to see the rug in your home or office space.
To return an item, please email email@example.com within 5 days of receiving your item.
When you receive a rug from Gamila Rugs, we allow the following:
- You may unroll the rug and place it in the space in which you would like the rug to go. Please take care to ensure the rug is not marked in anyway, this includes any marks from furniture, crayons etc.
- We strongly suggest not placing any furniture on the rug if you are considering returning it.
- When you open the rug, do so in a way which keeps the packaging intact in the event that you wish to return it and need to re use the packaging.
If you are not happy with the rug, you must notify us within 5 days of receiving the item to be eligible for a refund or exchange.
Please roll up the rug tightly in the packaging in the same way that you received it to prevent damage to the rug.
We will arrange a courier to collect the rug for a flat rate of $29.95 + a 10% restocking fee per item.
For example, if you purchase a rug valued at $400.00 and wish to return it, the total return fee will be $69.95 ($29.95 plus 10% restocking fee of $40.00)
We reserve the right to refuse returns if the rug is not returned in the condition you received it in.
We will not grant returns in the following instances
- An item is returned not in the original condition, including damage not due to our error
- You contact us for a return outside of our 5 day return policy.
Refunds & Exchanges
Once we receive the rug, it will be inspected. You will then be notified if your return has been approved or rejected. If your return has been approved, we will offer you a refund or an exchange (minus the return costs stated above), depending on your desire.
- Claims for courier damage must be noted on the consignment note and Gamila Rugs informed within 3 days of receipt.
- Please contact with photos of your item/s and labels.
- We will investigate your concern and if applicable, we will offer a remedy. Refund or Exchange.
- Normal wear and tear is not warranted.
- Please keep the original packaging as if you need to return your item, you will need to securely package to ensure no damage in return transit. A product fault claim or an incorrect item could be required to be returned & inspected. All items being returned are the customer's responsibility to be sufficiently packaged to prevent damage in return transit. Packaged images are required to be supplied by the customer.
- Images are required if damage occurs during in transit as soon as possible & within 7 days of receiving the item
It is the customers responsibility to print & securely tape return labels to an item being returned.
We strongly suggest that you open the rug on the day that it arrives. If you are concerned that the rug is damaged or faulty, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we will organise a replacement for you.
- must be made within 7 days of receipt.
Fading and wear
All rugs are susceptible to fading/wear from foot traffic, use, sunlight & cleaning. Returning a rug due to fading/wear outside of our 5 day policy is not possible as this is a natural tendency of rugs.
Shedding, sprouts and creases
The following common characteristics are not considered defects.
Shedding - Shedding is a natural characteristic of natural fibre rugs e.g wool.
Sprouts- sprouts are a natural characteristic of a rug. A sprout can be trimmed with scissors to even the pile.
Creases - Creases are a result of packaging & not a structural manufacturing fault. Creases will flatten in time.
Extra care needs to be taken with all of our wool rugs due to the delicate nature of these materials.
We do NOT recommend:
- Frequent Vacuuming
- Use of a power head Vacuum
- Anchoring furniture onto these rugs
- Wearing shoes
* Please note that our wool rugs will shed due to the natural characteristic of wool. We do not recommend our wool rugs for homes with young children due to the potential choking hazard.
For our wool rugs, we do recommend:
- Infrequent Vacuuming with a gentle vacuum head.
- Placing the rug in a low traffic area such a bedroom rather than a living space
Hand-Loomed and hand-dyed products will have slight variations in the weave & appearance & possibly in the size. These variations add to the unique and individual character of a hand-loomed product. Returns due to these inconsistencies & variances will be classified as a change of mind return and terms & conditions apply.
If a return is void due to signs of use or damage in transit due to insufficient packaging then the following void fees will apply:
- Cost of Return Shipping (as per return quote)
- $29.95 Inc GST Send Out Shipping Fee (the shipping fee to send the void return back to the customer)
- The original order shipping fee (if any) associated to the item being returned is not refunded